On Tuesday, Titleist announced that a new range of Scotty Cameron “Super Select” putters will be arriving soon in 2023. There will be 10 new Super Select putter models in total, but the release is taking place in two waves:
- Six new Scotty Cameron Super Select models will arrive in stores from March 17, 2023 (Newport, Newport Plus, Newport 2, Newport 2 Plus, Newport 2.5 Plus and Squareback 2)
- Next, four new Scotty Cameron Super Select models will hit stores on May 19, 2023 (Super Select Fastback 1.5, Del Mar and the new GOLO 6 and GOLO 6.5)
Compared to Scotty Cameron’s previous “Special Select” putters, which released in 2020, Titleist claims the new 2023 Super Select putters have new blade and mid-mallet pattern designs, revamped neck styles, refined shapes, new milling techniques, multi-material construction improved and “cutting edge” weight distribution. Scotty Cameron, of course, works closely with touring professionals week in and week out, so there have naturally been a number of lineup changes since the previous 2020 release.
Overall, there are four major changes you’ll see in the 2023 Super Select family of putters:
- “Plus” models: The Newport Plus, Newport 2 Plus and Newport 2.5 Plus models look like traditional blade putters, but are made with larger dimensions to promote mallet-like forgiveness.
- Double milling process: To improve feel, sound and performance, Scotty Cameron now uses a double-milled process, which he has previously used on Tour Prototypes, according to Titleist. Here’s how the milling process works: “After one deep pass of milling across the face of the putter, a second pass of milling levels out the peaks of the milling in the face, producing a flatter, more consistent surface for the ball to strike. with the putter face,” says Titleist.
- “I-Beam” Hosels: Eight of the 10 new models – aside from the Del Mar and GOLO 6 – feature a new hosel design that helps remove weight from the putter’s neck, which was then repositioned in the toe and heel portions of the heads to increase tolerance.
- Weight Setup: Multi-material putters (303 stainless steel body and 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum soles) have weights in the stainless steel or tungsten sole, allowing Scotty Cameron to optimize weight distribution in each model.
Here’s what Scotty Cameron himself had to say about the 2023 lineup:
“With the new Super Select putters, the name fits perfectly. I’ve been creating putters for a long time, and after every line unrolled and played, new ideas emerge. There is always a better way. I try to bring all the refinements that I can to bring more performance to the players, to give them more confidence and, in the end, I hope for more success.
“Key to the 2023 Super Select family are the new ‘Plus’ models, which I introduced to the Tour last year and then turned into a few limited release models to really showcase this new blade design to ME. higher. Now we have three new “Plus” options in a few of our most popular models. Plus, I’ve brought the GOLO name and shape back in a new size. Familiar models like our Newport, Newport 2, Squareback 2, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar all have our new Dual Milled for a great face feel that combines the feel of a deep milling with the consistency on the face of a medium milling. tour pros I have introduced new I-beam necks and various aesthetic improvements to the finish and graphics I have tried in every way to make these Super Select putters live up to their name .
Each of the new Scotty Cameron Super Select putters is expected to sell for $449 each (MAP; advertised minimum price), and they come with two customizable weights. Blade-style putters come with a Pistolini grip, while intermediate mallets come with a relatively larger Pistolero Plus grip.
Here’s how Titleist describes the aesthetics of the Super Select putter:
“The new 2023 Super Select stainless steel putter heads are all subjected to Scotty’s silver mist process for a near-permanent, vibrant, yet glare-resistant look and feel. Aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum components have been spray-painted and anodized in a bright, clear aluminum finish.Scotty’s familiar three-point theme carries over to the rear cavities as raw unpainted circles milled into the stainless steel.The engravings and sightlines are Painted in Asphalt Grey, except on the soles where Scotty Cameron and the “+” symbols on Plus models are accented in translucent Cherry Red paint.”
Scotty Cameron Super Select released March 17 (six models)
Super Select Newport
Super Select Newport Plus
Super Select Newport 2
Super Select Newport 2 Plus
Super Select Newport 2.5 Plus
Super Select Squareback 2
Scotty Cameron Super Select released May 19 (four models)
Super Select Del Mar
Super Select Fastback 1.5
Super Select GOLO 6
Super Select GOLO 6.5